Thursday 10 November 2011

Dealing with Peer Pressure and Puberty

Life is tough!

You really don't remember do you?

Dealing with your own peer pressure and puberty and trying to find who you were on the inside-out, with a zoo of people outside telling you how to be...
He told me I was ugly today!
It can be very daunting for a teenager to say the least.

You're wondering who your child is...
You're child  is trying hard to figure this out.

{Somehow telling me I was ugly today was how he had to figure  things out! I never thought I would hear those words from him! he used to play with my nose when he was 2 and tell me how much I was a 'pretty Mommy' I'd fall asleep with his music in my ears...
Almost brought me to tears today...I want my 2 year old back!}

That teenage adolescent body is feeling insecure...Remember? 
Figuring out who your teen is...is remembering what is going on the inside.
Your teen is saying inside himself...
I'm not good enough
I'm too shy
Too short
Too fat
Too skinny
Too ugly
Not cool
Not smart enough

And as you watch your bumbling teenager walk by with his friends, pants pulled down low, you keep on thinking to yourself.  "He's not my child, he's not my sweet little Booboo anymore!"
 Your teen who once was a good example and felt good enough, decided the "good example thing" isn't good enough for right now.
That bouncing baby girl or boy has moved to another stage and body.
She's decided that she needs to look out for herself.
Saggy pants, tight jeans or too much makeup.
Your teen will figure it out.

Tomorrow will be yet another story of... too much of this and too much of that...

As far as I know there aren't too many grown ups with saggy pants and underwear peaking out the backside.
Next time your not happy with the way your teen looks, unless your going to a wedding or formal...
Zip up the comments and tell him how it really is.
It really is---just-that...I love you!
It really is...

No comments:

Post a Comment