Friday 11 November 2011

It's just marijuana,what's the big deal?

Teens and Marijuana Use

Marijuana is the most  common drug going around schools today.

My son says...
"It's marijuana, what's the big deal?"
"It's the safest drug out there!"

Drugs like marijuana spread like a disease through schools just waiting to gulp up the next teen who turns down the inside please... "Don't do it!"

Then there is the start... 
The beginnings of a mixed up life and ruining earlier chances of the good life. 
  • Decent marks in school
  • True friends
  • inner discipline
  • moral respect
  • respect
Of course he would never care about the good life now...

He thinks the kicks he gets from marijuana is as good as it gets. 
Nothing else is more safe and takes you to the planet X.
From a parents point of view, nothing is more worse than having your child spend the most precious years on planet X.
Experimenting is one thing....What was he thinking when he said his first "Yes" to drugs?
How do I stop the insanity?
Schools, parents, media, doctors all preach about the dangers of drugs.

Mostly the dangers of addiction.
My teen say..."It's just marijuana, what's the bid deal?
It my big deal now dealing with your outburst, opposition and defiant behaviour.
It's a big deal that there are still two other children much younger than yourself that are being exposed to behavior that is out of the norm and drug paraphernalia being left for them to see.
It's a big deal because our nice little family is now a drug family.
A family that everyday is confronted with this defiance.
Everyday.
I thought that you were suppose to remember to say, "No!" to avoid this mess that the whole family is in.
I thought you would do that...I thought you loved yourself enough to give it a try instead of drugs.
Now look at you...I don't even know you.
All I know is that you seem madder, sadder, and your life that was really good is slowly falling off a cliff that seems unreachable.
All I know is I miss the real you, even though you constantly tell me this is the real you.
Question is...If this is the real you, how come anger and sad has overtaken you?
I remember when you used to laugh at yourself for the silly things you did in life.
Now somebody else is laughing now.

That somebody is your drug problem to marijuana.

Why didn't you just say, "No!"

No comments:

Post a Comment